1. What do you do with my personal data?
We use your data to provide you, and other Golddust users, a great experience and that’s it. We promise not to use your data for anything other than improving the Golddust experience for you. That includes doing things like:
- Improving our products and services for you and other users, performing market research to understand our user’s views and personalising our experiences to make our service more intuitive & engaging;
- Keeping you up-to-date and informed and responding to your enquiries such as notifying you when there are likely to be system outages or new features and experiences that might affect you;
- Legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting with crime and fraud prevention.
2. How long will you keep my personal data?
We keep information while you're a Golddust user. After you have been inactive as a user for an extended period we will remove all your data. Alternatively you can request for all your data to be deleted at any point by mailing email@example.com
3. Who do you share my personal data with and why?
We will share your information in the following situations:
- We will only share your information with a third party when we have legal or regulatory requirements such as a request from the competition authority or law enforcement agency.
4. What data do you hold about me? (and how do you get it?)
We only collect information in two ways:
- Directly from you, such as information filled in within application or registration forms, surveys and community posts;
- Information gathered automatically about your device in order to deliver the app experience effectively
5. What rights do I have?
You have the following rights:
- To update your personal data. You can update or amend your information by visiting the My Profile section of the Golddust app. For data not updatable through the app, you will need to contact us;
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- To review some automated decision-making or profiling (automated processing to determine certain things about you);
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
6. How do I change my marketing preferences?
You can opt in and out of marketing communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be able to choose whether to receive marketing communications about Golddust.
You can also opt out of marketing communications by following unsubscribe links at the bottom of any marketing emails or text messages received from Golddust.
We will never give your personal data to a third party for marketing.
7. How do you ensure my data is secure?
Golddust is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
8. What else can I do to ensure my data is secure?
Along with a section on Privacy, Get Safe Online has plenty of other good advice about protecting yourself online
9. How can I contact you?
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by writing to the Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
24 Chiswell Street,
We will check and update this policy from time to time. We may let you know about these changes by email, voicemail, text or push notification.
11. Resolving Privacy Issues
We will always try our best to resolve any data privacy issue you may have. You have the right to refer any data privacy issue to the Information Commissioner's Office at any time.